At only one millimeter thick, our braces are ultralight compared to the competition.
Our braces feature four-way stretch fabrics so they move when you do.
Highly breathable materials help keep your skin cool and dry all day long.
Hypoallergenic materials mean everyone can wear BioSkin braces.
Talk to Us
Call us at 01254 268 788
Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm
Free shipping via Royal Mail in United Kingdom.
Expedited shipping also available.
1. Insert leg through the inner knee sleeve (optional), positioning the hinge at the mid patella. For medial application, place the hinge on the inside of the knee. For lateral application, place the hinge on the outside of the knee.
2. Sitting on the edge of a chair, adjust the front closure flaps to a comfortable level of compression. We recommend securing the lower flaps first for easy application.
- If using the Q strap, apply it to the brace before securing the front-closure flaps closest to the patella. To apply, secure the outer Velcro-tab of the Q strap to the side of the brace. Pull the upper and lower portions of the Q strap above and below your patella to apply a corrective force. Then close the front-closure flaps of the OA Spiral and continue the application process.
3. Gently pull the spiral strap behind your calf, around your knee, and over the top of your thigh and attach the magnetic buckle.
4. Place your foot flat on the ground with your heel slightly in front of your knee and then apply tension to the spiral strap. Pull just enough to apply tension to the strap; be sure not to over-tighten.
5. Test joint unloading by extending leg.
If more unloading is desired, tension the strap a little bit more. A little bit goes a long way. If less unloading is desired, slightly loosen the strap.
To remove the brace, bend the knee to release tension in the spiral strap and lift the tab on the magnetic buckle to detach. This will keep the strap at the correct tension mark for repeatable tension of the strap. Undo the front closure flaps and remove the brace.
A KNEE BRACE WON’T WORK IF YOU DON’T WANT TO WEAR IT WE MADE SURE THAT YOU WILL.
COMFORTABLY UNLOAD THE KNEE
The OA Spiral uses a three-point leverage system and a non-elastic strap to pull the knee out of varus or valgus and decrease pain.¹
HYBRID WRAPAROUND DESIGN
An inner sleeve makes applying the brace easy. The sleeve holds the brace in place so you have both hands available to adjust the fit. The sleeve also provides compression to the entire knee to control swelling and deliver pain relief, while the wraparound component of the brace provides more sizing flexibility and a perfect fit.
PATELLA TRACTION CONTROL
Among patients with tibiofemoral OA, 91% also have radiographic patellofemoral OA.² BioSkin's Q strap has been clinically proven to decrease pain in the PF joint by supporting proper patellar alignment and increasing joint surface contact.³